Thursday, August 21, 2008

With The New...

Well, first off, I should mention that when the new website is up (2-3 months? *crosses fingers*) this blog will become irrelevant.  Bu I won't delete the posts, they will all be moved to the new site.  Just thought you should know.

I got some more info from school today, and boy are they cracking down on the little things...  I'll try to enplane the stupid things in a segment I call...

*BaG's List Of Stupidity*
*School Rules*
  1. No Food In Class: Stupid, especially in the heat we get at the end of summer.  I predict at least 2 cases of heat stroke in the first 2 months.
  2. No cell phones on campus: Again, this is understandable, it's the requirements and punishment of the rule that make it stupid.  "No cell phones are allowed an campus for any reason at any time. Any cell phone found on a student's person will be confiscated until the Friday of that week and will only be returned to the parent/guardian of the child.  If the student is at or above the age of majority, the cell phone will be returned to the student."
  3. No electronic devices: Same as above, but covers all other devices such as Game Boy's, DS's, Mp3 player's, PSP's, anything like that... The punishment is still the same as the the above rule.
  4. Attendance Policy: I (again) understand that, as a student, I have to show up to school on time and be ready for class, but I have to take the city buss this year.  The buses in my area a notorious for being at least 5 minuets late, and they are supposed to get me to school 5 minuets before it starts.  With the "7 tardy's" rule, I'll fail my 1'st hour class every quarter, unless of course, I get on the bus before the last possible bus, but then I would be there before the doors are unlocked.
  5. (The best of them all) No Hats: I under stand that this rule is quite common in schools.  Granted it is to be expected if your school has a uniform policy, but this new school only states the the hats are "distracting to the other students".

There you have it, my first "List Of Stupidity"!  Everyone mentioned, give yourselves a big slap on the forehead, as you have been caught in the act of stupidness!

No comments: